"Go ahead, make my day"
|Entity Damage||70 70 91|
|Power Attack Entity Damage|
|Block Damage||12 14 6|
|Power Attack Block Damage|
|Explosion Range Entities|
|Explosion Range Blocks|
|Attacks per Minute|
|Rounds per Minute||100|
|Reload Time||4 s|
|Ammo Type||.44 Magnum Bullet|
.44 Magnum Bullet (AP)
.44 Magnum Bullet (HP)
|Power Attack Stamina Usage|
|Damage Multiplier: Earth|
|Damage Multiplier: Metal|
|Damage Multiplier: Stone|
|Damage Multiplier: Wood|
|Butcher Damage Multiplier|
|Butcher Resource Multiplier|
|Vehicle Sprint Speed|
|Stamina Regen Reduction|
|Effect on Fullness|
|Effect on Hydration|
|Effect on max Stamina|
|Effect on Stamina regen|
|Effect on Health|
|Effect on Max Health|
|Dysentery Chance (%)|
|Durability (Min Quality)||150|
|Durability (Max Quality)||300|
|Degradation per Use||1|
|Compatible Mods||Revolver, Barrel, Side, Small Top, No Silencer|
|Repaired Using||Repair Kit|
|Electrical Power Required|
|Scraps into||Handgun Parts|
|Time to grow|
|Obtainable Through||Crafting, Looting, Trading|
A .44 Magnum is a short to medium range double action revolver which can be found throughout the world, more often at Shotgun Messiah Gun Stores or crafted. This weapon requires the .44 Magnum Bullet and will hold six cartridges. It reloads automatically if the player is carrying the correct Ammunition, it can be done manually by using the reload key, which is R by default.
The .44 Magnum is a very powerful Weapon. It will make quick work of dropping even the toughest Zombies. At close range, it typically only takes a single shot to the head to kill the tougher zombies, and one shot to the body to kill common zombies. However, due to the sheer power of the ammunition it uses, it delivers a very loud report, leading other zombies to the source. The ammunition it uses is also quite rare due to how sought after the revolver is, which forces it's users to find the Enforcer Magazine and obtain a Workbench so they can craft the ammunition. A huge disadvantage that the .44 Magnum exhibits is the fact that it only holds 6 cartridges in its cylinder at a time, and as a result requires frequent reloading. This, on top of the rarity and cost of the ammunition, and the fairly long reload time, makes the .44 Magnum unsuitable for crowd control.
The recipe listed above is for crafting a quality 1 .44 Magnum. With each level of the Gunslinger perk, the player is able to craft a higher quality .44 Magnum, which requires more materials, up to quality 5. Every increasing tier uses 50% more materials.
The condition of a .44 Magnum deteriorates with each use until eventually it will stop working and will need to be repaired. This can be done using a Repair Kit.
|Muzzle Brake Mod||Barrel||Reduces recoil.|
|Barrel Extender Mod||Barrel||Increases damage, range and aimed accuracy at the cost of stability when fired from the hip.|
|Cripple Em Mod||Crippling||Adds a chance to cripple a leg on a bipedal target.|
|Reflex Sight Mod||Scope||Minor visual magnification but designed for fast target acquisition.|
|Scope 2x Mod||Scope||Increases visual magnification when aiming.|
|Weapon Flashlight Mod||Side||A portable light source.|
|Laser Sight Mod||Side||Helps with aiming quickly and increases accuracy when firing from the hip.|
|Rad Remover Mod||Special Damage||Temporarily disables regeneration ability of radiated zombies.|
- It is possible to fire a .44 Magnum quickly enough to make the second shot fire as the gun recoils from the first shot, the second bullet will be shot up into the air.
- The model used in the game closely resembles the Smith & Wesson Model 29 as made famous by actor Clint Eastwood in the 1971 movie Dirty Harry.
- Revolvers tend to make their appearances in many television programs, films, and video games of the zombie survival genre. AMC's The Walking Dead popularized this trend, as the main protagonist's preferred weapon of choice is a Colt Python, and it is possible that said trend influenced the creation of the .44 Magnum in 7 Days To Die.
Vs. the Desert Vulture
- The .44 Magnum is considered to be the tier 2 handgun, with the .44 Desert Vulture being the tier 3 handgun. However, they both have noticeable differences.
- The .44 Magnum deals more damage and is easier to both find and craft, due to it being a tier lower, by the game's standards.
- The Desert Vulture reloads faster, has a slightly larger magazine, and is also compatible with more mods than the Magnum.
- The Magnum is louder per shot, but they tend to generate roughly the same amount of noise and heat per magazine due to the Desert Vulture having a larger bullet capacity.
- The Magnum will use less ammo than the Desert Vulture due to the smaller capacity.
- Overall, it typically comes down to a matter of preference, or if one simply wishes to use both.