The Admin noticeboard is one way through which users can notify administrators of issues needing administrative attention. While users are welcome to directly contact specific administrators (especially if they are seen to be active), posting here can be an easier and quicker way of ensuring that at least one admin will notice an issue and respond to it promptly.
Please note; this page is for wiki-related issues only. That would include broken wiki pages, repeated or persistent vandalism and/or spam, etc. General questions about the game or new bug notifications should be posted in the official 7 Days To Die forums.
Remember to sign (using four tildes:
~~~~) when posting an issue.
Before posting an issue here, please consider the following:
- For deletion requests, see Help:Deleting
- For content disputes, try first to resolve the issue using the specific talk (Discussion) page. You can also make a request for comment on the community portal to try to generate a consensus.
- For issues regarding acceptable use of this wiki, please see our help center.
- For vandalism and spam:
- Revert the content.
- If the vandal/spammer created a new page, tag it for deletion (see Help:Deleting).
- When vandalism/spamming is not obviously intended, assume good faith and consider leaving a message on that user's talk page to explain the reason.
- Post here if the user has made several disruptive edits and/or persists despite a warning.
- Always avoid a revert war with the vandal/spammer; it is far better to wait until an admin has a chance to intervene.
- When reporting vandalism here, provide as much information as possible to help the admins locate the vandalized page(s) as well as the user's profile if they have registered.
Please post new topics at the bottom of the page by clicking, or clicking on the Edit tab and scrolling to the bottom.
I'm new to this Fandom/Wikis site? application? I followed the "wiki" link from the 7DTD Website because I was excited to see all the random bits of tips, tricks, info, knowledge, how to's, and general things all in one place and in one place. I'm sure there's a ton of wiki info here, but sadly beyond the main page and finding the join/log in page, this wiki is difficult to navigate. I found a few things, but that was due to random clicking and luck. I did enjoy the info the one area? page? section? contained (New Loot Boxes), that's some great info right there! The other thing I found was a list in alphabet order with no explanation. Sure, I could on things in that list, but not how one searches for information. I couldn't even get back to that list because I don't know how I got there. I'm stubborn enough to keep poking around until I found this tiny little green "here" hyperlink redirecting me Here so I could find out how I can help update info, and dump all the bits of useful things I have cluttering up my desktop.
The front page is nice. It has some teaser info on what you'll find throughout the site. Just needs some... polishing imo. It needs a progression path to take players to an area where they can search, click through main related section to see what info the site has. Or if the site info is ONLY going to be listed/searchable via that alphabet data point then a clearer click path to it's beginning (A.) needs to be added or made more clear.
I know this looks like a "rant" "wiki bad" ect post, BUT it is not. It's feedback from brand new to fanwiki potential user. If I didn't care so much about 7DTD and informational organization I would have just silently clicked away and created my own data base for personal use.
- Greetings, thanks for the feedback. The Wiki has been picking up steam but it mainly lacks folks that have the time. And while some people do make some edits here and improve some things they tend to not stay on and continue. Once we can get the much needed and outdated info caught up we will focus on those things. If you have complex knowledge about such things please let us know where you can help. If not the best thing you can do is proof read pages for inaccurate info. Stay away from personal preference on pages and stick to factual info. Here is a great guide on starting out Help:Contents then just pick a topic you are familiar with and bring it up to date and remove old info that is not in game anymore.