7 Days To Die Wiki:Cleanup
This project page was created to act as a central organization point for cleaning up and updating pages to reflect the current state of the game.
The overall goal is to maintain accurate and up-to-date articles so that new and experienced players alike can find useful information. This means updating existing articles, adding new articles for new features, items, etc., and also identifying removed features, items, etc.
On-going Tasks For Anyone[edit source]
If you're new to wikis or just don't have a lot of experience editing them at a deep level, or if you don't have a lot of time to make big changes, no problem. You can still help in the following ways:
- Editing for readability: Correct grammar, spelling, etc. Drive-by editing is still editing!
- Don't know where to start? All these pages need work: Category:Cleanup and Category:Cleanup_outdated. See Help:Editing for more info.
- Add screenshots and images for clarity. Good with images? A lot need updating! See the Community Portal for more info.
- Identify pages that need cleanup by placing the Template:Cleanup at the top.
- Mark stubs by placing the Template:Stub at the top of the page.
- Mark items removed from the game. See Help:Removed_Items for more info.
- Use the item's discussion page to start talking about items and their relevance in context of the current version of the game.
As you work through pages and correct problems, if the page has one of the tags mentioned above and you've fixed the problem, feel free to remove the tag.
Goal for March: Adding Recipe Template[edit source]
Done! A big "Thank You" to everyone who helped by adding the template to items. That has really helped with list-pages that contain DPL queries.
Goal for May and June: The Home Page[edit source]
Pages that are linked from the wiki's home page should be checked for:
- Good grammar
- Accuracy and usefulness
- Up-to-date information
The two sections of the main page that need attention are Game Features and Game Mechanics.
If you have a better image for the "welcome section," propose it in the discussion page.