Current game stage: 1
Block Damage is a type of damage caused by attacks that physically damage a block or object in the environment.
Block Damage Stat
All weapons (including unarmed combat using your Fists) have a Block Damage stat that provides the base amount of damage applied when hitting a block. The Block Damage stat of a weapon can be viewed by inspecting the item from the inventory panel or from the toolbelt while on the Character Menu or Crafting Menu screen.
Block Damage Modifiers
Many weapons have damage modifiers that are specific to certain material types. The base Block Damage is multiplied by the damage modifier when damaging a block made of that specific material.
Weapons can have damage modifiers for the following block materials:
- Earth - blocks made from soft earth, such as Dirt or Forest Ground.
- Metal - blocks made from metal, such as Iron Blocks or Vault Doors.
- Stone - blocks made from hard stone, such as Flagstone Blocks or Concrete Blocks.
- Wood - blocks made from wood, such as Wood Blocks or Secure Wood Door.
- Cloth - blocks made from cloth, such as a Moldy Backpack.
- Glass - blocks made from glass, such as a Glass Pane.
- Organic - blocks made from organic material, such as Gore or Animal Gore.
- Water - blocks made from water, such as Water.