Current game stage: 1
Chop down the biggest trees or zombies faster than Paul Bunyan with this great chainsaw that uses gasoline for fuel.
|Power Attack Entity Damage|
|Power Attack Block Damage|
|Explosion Range Entities|
|Explosion Range Blocks|
|Attacks per Minute||300|
|Rounds per Minute|
|Ammo Type||20pxGas Can|
|Power Attack Stamina Usage|
|Damage Multiplier: Earth||0.15|
|Damage Multiplier: Metal||0.15|
|Damage Multiplier: Stone||0.15|
|Damage Multiplier: Wood|
|Butcher Damage Multiplier|
|Butcher Resource Multiplier|
|Vehicle Sprint Speed|
|Stamina Regen Reduction|
|Effect on Fullness|
|Effect on Hydration|
|Effect on max Stamina|
|Effect on Stamina regen|
|Effect on Health|
|Effect on Max Health|
|Dysentery Chance (%)|
|Durability (Min Quality)||1400|
|Durability (Max Quality)||4200|
|Degradation per Use||1|
|Compatible Mods||Chainsaw, Motor Tool|
|Repaired Using||Repair Kit|
|Electrical Power Required|
|Scraps into||Motor Tool Parts|
|Time to grow|
|Obtainable Through||Crafting, Looting, Trading|
The Chainsaw is a multipurpose item that can be used as a tool (for rapidly destroying wood blocks/trees) and for short range melee attacks. It's similar to the Auger but more efficient against wooden blocks.
A Chainsaw will increase the amount of materials that you receive from harvesting, but it will be slow when used against anything but wood. As of Alpha 19, it will provide a small amount of Raw Meat when used to butcher an animal carcass, but minimal other resources. Prior to Alpha 19, it would give no items when used to butcher an animal, but it would destroy the carcass quickly.
You can use Repair Kits to repair your Chainsaw.
Scrapping provides Motor Tool Parts, which can be used in crafting both Chainsaw and the Auger. It is advisable to scrap only Chainsaw only when you have a higher tier variant and when you plan to craft a higher tier variant in the futurue.
Whenever you use a Chainsaw it affects the Heatmap. If used for long enough or if multiple chainsaws are used simultaneously, it will attract zombies. If the heat level gets high enough, it will attract one or more screamer zombies.
For a better understanding of the heatmap and heat, see Heatmap.
- Can be found inside Garage Storage boxes and Decayed Sedans and with the new update inside Working Stiffs Crate once broken open.
- It can also be looted from Lumberjack zombies in rare occasions.
- Use with caution: the Chainsaw makes a lot of noise and may alert zombies of your presence.
- This said, it is possibly the best weapon in the game for killing zombies at close range, bringing down even bloated walkers in less than a second on Nomad difficulty.
- Runs on gasoline tanks as fuel and empties them quite fast. Expect a yield of 6-8 trees per tank.