The Command Console is a debugging tool primarily used for game development but players can use it to change game settins, access player statistics, ban or kick disruptive players if necessary and even control time.
- There are two different keys that can be used to open the Command Console these are as follows:
- press ~ for US keyboards.
- press 0 for EU keyboards.
- To dispel any confusion, regardless of the keyboard layout, it is the key directly to the left of the 1 key.
- press " for US keyboards.
- press @ for EU keyboards.
- press Ö/Ø for Scandinavian keyboards.
- Be careful when entering a code, each one is case sensitive; "a" is not the same as "A".
- Short-cuts are made up of only two letters and can be used in place of the full command. Not all commands have a short-cut. For example, Creative Mode on/of is 'cm'.
- Command arguments presented in [square braces] are optional, however commands using <pointed braces> are not.
- Command "settime" is prone to CTD during gameplay if value entered is 0.
Current list taken from Alpha 8.8 with fixes for v11.3+. Commands are as listed by typing help into the command line.