|Land Claim Block|
|Power Attack Entity Damage|
|Power Attack Block Damage|
|Explosion Range Entities|
|Explosion Range Blocks|
|Attacks per Minute|
|Rounds per Minute|
|Power Attack Stamina Usage|
|Damage Multiplier: Earth|
|Damage Multiplier: Metal|
|Damage Multiplier: Stone|
|Damage Multiplier: Wood|
|Butcher Damage Multiplier|
|Butcher Resource Multiplier|
|Vehicle Sprint Speed|
|Stamina Regen Reduction|
|Effect on Fullness|
|Effect on Hydration|
|Effect on max Stamina|
|Effect on Stamina regen|
|Effect on Health|
|Effect on Max Health|
|Dysentery Chance (%)|
|Durability (Min Quality)|
|Durability (Max Quality)|
|Degradation per Use|
|Electrical Power Required|
|Time to grow|
The Land Claim Block provides extra protection for a 41x41 (adjustable in map/server settings) horizontally-based region. In both Single and Multi-player modes, it enables picking up your work stations and electric devices within the governed area. The player who placed the land claim block can hold "E" while facing the object they wish to pick up and will be presented with an option to take it. If you destroy the land claim block, the area it owned with extra border zone is then forbidden for claiming again. (This could be for a period of time, still testing)
While there is no limit on the number of LCBs a player can place in the world, only one LCB may be active at a time. Placing a new LCB will cause an old LCB to go inactive and be reduced to 1 durability. The protection provided by the old LCB will disappear.
A Land Claim Block is active as long as the player who placed it is in the game. Once a player leaves the game there is a configurable delay to when the LCB considers them offline. This defaults to the instant they leave, but may be increased in map/server settings. Once a player is offline then the LCB uses the offline protection multiplier. By default this is the same as the online protection multiplier, 4x less damage. This can also be adjusted in settings. The land claim duration setting controls how long a LCB will continue to provide offline protection for before going inactive, by default this is 7 days.
The Land Claim Block should prevent all Point of Interest Zombies from respawning within its area. Furthermore, if its protected area includes a Point of Interest then it should prevent Trader jobs from selecting that PoI as an quest location. This allows players to take over PoI structures.
This does not prevent open world or horde zombie spawns, only PoI zombie spawns are suppressed. For example if a player were to go into the Forest, place an LCB, surround the area in a 1-block wide by 3-block high wall, and leave the area for a bit, they might see a zombie or two within the undamaged wall the next time they return. In order to suppress open world zombie spawns in the area the player must replace or cover the Forest Ground or any surface block not placed by a player, with player obtained blocks such as Wood Frames or Concrete Blocks. However, there may be special rules for certain entities such as vultures that will still allow them to spawn. More testing is required.
As stated, the LCB creates a protection zone. The size of the zone can be changed via server settings. The default setting is a 41 X 41 area that extends infinitely in both directions above and below the LCB, creating a column that extends the full height of the map. All blocks inside the protection zone receive the durability multiplier, which can be changed via server settings. By default, the damage multiplier is 4.
The diagram below illustrates the basic protection zone. In the diagram, the "O" in the center with the yellow background represents the LCB. The "X's" illustrate that the protection zone extends 20 blocks in all four cardinal directions from the LCB.
Notes From Original Release:
The following details were given with the original release of the LCB:
- New players are awarded 1 land claim keystone block in their starting inventory if a server is running Survival PvP. Airdrop containers have a small chance of containing keystone blocks.
- You can kill players and loot their land claim blocks if they haven’t been placed or mine up a land claim block and steal it for your own so its wise to protect your land claim blocks
- The keystone block is a special looking block that when carried by the player shows a 7×7 or server set protection grid rendered as a transparent green protected grid.
- The keystone block offers durability protection 7×7 all the way vertically
- Keystone blocks can be destroyed by other players removing their durability modifier of the fort
- Only the owner and friends in your group can build blocks in your land claimed areas
- Land claims have a no claim zone outside of their perimeter where only the land claim owner and friends in his group can stake additional neighboring claims. Default could be 30 meters measuring keystone to keystone (This could be an optional owner permission setting)
- Only the owner of a land claim and friends in his group can add new neighboring land claims right next to an existing land claim but not overlapping
- Zombies and owners/friends of the claim owner are not affected by claim durability
- Players must revisit claim once a real-time day to prevent Claim Decay