Feel free to leave a comment below in the correct heading or by making a new one.
- 1 Section For Everybody
- 2 Game widows Personal Section
- 3 XML Mods
- 4 Full Mods
- 5 Restrictions
- 6 External Links
- 7 SyphonA1s Personal Section
- 8 Spring
- 9 To Do List
- 10 Thunder Sniper's Personal Section
- 11 I've decided to bring a lot of old articles up to date with the recent build
- 12 Introducing myself as the new Wiki Manager
Section For Everybody
Encountered something else that's a little odd Fox. Every image I've uploaded so far has worked wonders with the crafting grid, I've looked over the template and can't find and answer to why the Bullet Casing image is overflowing like on the 10mm Bullet's crafting table. I've resized the image both ways, up and down but still no joy, am I missing something really obvious? Thanks :) ThunderSniperSteam (talk) 20:39, 17 January 2014 (UTC)
Hi my name is username jeffdeezy2225 i was hoping to sugest canning food with water,a can and whatever food you choose this would eliminate smell for ppl who like to travel and need to stay for the nite in a strange unfamiliar place i hope this suggestion is taking into concideration thank you .
Game widows Personal Section
Alpha 6 icons
Just a quick note to let you know that i uploaded the new icons, but there are still some missing. You probably know better than i do which ones those are, so please let me know of any you need — Game widow (talk) 22:17, 21 January 2014 (UTC)
Adding page - Mods
Identified as harmful. Text below:
(This page is a stub)
There are numerous Mods created by the 7 Days to Die community. Most of them are regularly updated, and are available for download in the 7 Days to Die official Modding forums (link at the end of this page).
These mods only modify the files in .xml format, which gives them the freedom to add new items, new zombies and new blocks, for instance, but these mods do not allow new icons. Often, the modder(s) put more files so the player can import for their less editable files using third-party tools. This requires modding experience and a slight degree of experience to backup vanilla files and manage mod files.
To counter this, many XML mods use a function on their different items called Icon Tinting, which gives vanilla icons a customized color based on a hex code. This saves space and time when modding, and also gives extra
These are full-fledged mods which are as customizable as it gets, adding new icons, item descriptions. Usually larger mods, they have .asset files together with new .xml, which are usually with new icons, or new splash backgrounds. These mods are usually also with a better naming system, being able to modify a file called English.data, where all item naming is stored. There is a limitation on items which require books to be unlocked where the naming must follow certain criterias which are sometimes not in line with how an item must named.
Example: Mod "Craftable Beakers by xXxlEgOlAs666xXx" adds a beaker mold recipe when installed, but is locked until the player finds a "Beakers Rock" book. Inside the .xml coding, the beaker mold must be named "beakerMold" to follow all the standards in coding, but in-game, the mold is exactly named like that, instead of "Beaker Mold". To counteract this, xXxlEgOlAs666xXx may need to edit the English.data file to make all items named "beakerMold" in-game the right way.
- Until Alpha 10, there's no way to add new sounds, meshes or animations, which severely brings down the capabilities of modding. Even if a mod, for example, has four different shovels of different materials, all of them will share the same vanilla Shovel mesh.
- There is a limit to how much icons and items a mod can add. If no other vanilla item icons are removed, there is space in the 7 Days to Die files for additional 419 icons. This may or may not be increased/decreased, as the developers progress in adding new items, if the icon atlas file is not enlarged, this means less space for modding. It is currently unknown why there is a limit on additional items, but it probably has something to do with limitations on the Creative mode.
- Add more here.
SyphonA1s Personal Section
Hey, a contributor has been adding that the spring is craftable now, although my tests and going through the whole recipes.XML says otherwise, and having reverted his changes he made them again, I'm wondering if any of the other admins can confirm this in case it's just an error with my client. Thanks. — Kuro(User:OOShinigamiOo)[ADMIN] (talk) 16:31, 6 January 2014 (UTC)
- I did testing and the only spring mention I could find was for making beds and a shotgun,I checked in game too, I checked with the 7DTD forum and presumably he went onto a server that used a modified XML that overwrote his, I notified him and told him to consider it a warning and that editing the spring page may incur a block, thanks for the checking.— Kuro(User:OOShinigamiOo)[ADMIN] (talk) 19:39, 6 January 2014 (UTC)
To Do List
Clean up the following pages:
I tried to make a table but honestly it doesn't look very good, what do you think? Maybe we should just leave it out... After all it's fun to find out yourself, right? :P
|Weapon||Number of headshots|
|Sawed off Pump Shotgun||1|
|M-136 Rocket Launcher||1|
- I was thinking about adding a table I that myself, but you beat me too it haha. It's looks nice actually. We can also make changes to it. Nice work — 3ShadowFox3 (talk) 16:37, 14 January 2014 (UTC)
Thunder Sniper's Personal Section
I've decided to bring a lot of old articles up to date with the recent build
As a lot of old things are now gone or changed considerably, you see.
But I've ran into a block. The Cooking page tells me as such when I attempt to update it; This action has been automatically identified as harmful, and therefore disallowed. If you believe your action was constructive, please inform an administrator of what you were trying to do. A brief description of the abuse rule which your action matched is: Section removal
(I never bothered making a curse wiki profile till now. Or I think I did actually forget my old one. Either way...
- What is it you're trying to do? I think only admins can delete sections - Eichi87 (talk) 10:07, 3 March 2014 (UTC)
Introducing myself as the new Wiki Manager
Hi, this is just to let you know that I am taking over Game_widow as your Wiki Manager. Feel free to contact me if you need anything.
Got it, boss - 3ShadowFox3