Current game stage: 1
|Wood Log Spike|
|Removed: Alpha 17|
|Group||Science, Tools and Traps|
|Power Attack Entity Damage|
|Power Attack Block Damage|
|Explosion Range Entities|
|Explosion Range Blocks|
|Attacks per Minute|
|Rounds per Minute|
|Power Attack Stamina Usage|
|Damage Multiplier: Earth|
|Damage Multiplier: Metal|
|Damage Multiplier: Stone|
|Damage Multiplier: Wood|
|Butcher Damage Multiplier|
|Butcher Resource Multiplier|
|Vehicle Sprint Speed|
|Stamina Regen Reduction|
|Effect on Fullness|
|Effect on Hydration|
|Effect on max Stamina|
|Effect on Stamina regen|
|Effect on Health|
|Effect on Max Health|
|Dysentery Chance (%)|
|Durability (Min Quality)|
|Durability (Max Quality)|
|Degradation per Use|
|Electrical Power Required|
|Burn Time||05′ 00"|
|Time to grow|
A Wood Log Spike is a defensive (passive) trap that does moderate damage and is used to help make your base more defendable. It is possible to scrap a Wood Log Spike for Wood, or it can be used in a Forge or Campfire as a source of Combustible fuel. Furthermore, it can be upgraded into a Reinforced Wood Log Spike with any repair tool.
You can use a Wood Log Spike in the following ways
- To defend structures by impaling attacking Zombies.
- To craft into Wood
- To upgrade into a Reinforced Wood Log Spike
It is possible to upgrade a Wood Log Spike into a Reinforced Wood Log Spike and the following items are required to do so.
The following tools can be used to upgrade and repair Wood Log Spike.
The following recipes require Wood Log Spike:
Once the player has one of the required tools and upgrade materials they can begin the upgrade process. The chosen tool is equipped and the materials are left in the bag or on the tool belt. Approaching the Wood Log Spike and right clicking on it with the chosen tool will make an icon appear showing the current upgrade status.
- The Nailgun and Claw Hammer will perform an instant upgrade, with no increasing intervals.
- The percentage shown will increase 50% each time the Wrench is used. The player will need to use it two times on a Wood Log Spike to complete the upgrade.
- The percentage shown will increase 25% each time the Stone Axe is used. The player will need to use it four times on a Wood Log Spike to complete the upgrade.
- The upgrade materials used will not be taken from the inventory until the upgrade is complete.
- They make fine traps compared to the Wood Spikes due to the fact they don't break as easy.
- It should also be noted that because standing on these does damage periodically, it also causes flinching. While zombies are flinching, they attack much less frequently. As such, the most useful component of a Wood Log Spike is that severely impairs a horde's ability to destroy blocks between them and the player.
- Spike Traps have massive damage multiplier on leg, dismembering the zombies much more efficiently.
- These have been removed in Alpha 17.